We are happy that you are exploring the ways in which SABE may benefit your child. As you begin your search to find the right school for your child, there are many ways you can get to know us better. Our website is a great place to start, but we encourage you to reach out to us for more information on how our unique program may benefit your child. While in-person visits are temporarily on hold due to covid-19, we would still love to share with you what SABE has to offer. Please feel free to give us a call, send us an email, or submit an inquiry form.
Thank you for considering SABE. We look forward to hearing from you!
2021-2022 Enrollment Lottery
By statute, New Mexico requires a charter school to employ a lottery selection process, if the total number of applicants exceeds the space available, 22-8B-4.1 NMSA (1978), A charter school will need to use a lottery selection process any time the total number of applicants exceeds the spaces available.
- Current SABE students are automatically entitled to enroll the following year without participation in the lottery.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students will have priority for admission, subject to space availability, but will need to complete the lottery paperwork.
- Children of staff members are given priority in the lottery process.
The lottery does not guarantee admission, but determines preference in filling available spots. Once a grade level is filled, any remaining names are placed on a waiting list for that school year in the order in which their names were drawn in the lottery.
Our Lottery Process:
- First priority for enrollment is offered to our returning students.
- Second priority is extended to the siblings of those returning students and children of staff members.
- Once all deadlines for the the returning and sibling students has been met, we determine the available spaces for each grade level.
- Once we have those numbers, we determine if a lottery has to be held. Based on the the number of available spaces and the number of interested students. If there is more interested students than spaces, we hold the lottery. If there are sufficient spaces for all students, there is no need for the lottery and all students are accepted.
- We then send you the link for the full registration and all those details.
Lotteries are determined by the Principal, based upon enrollment needs.
We are now accepting the Enrollment Forms. Please click HERE to complete the Google Form to start the process.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 505.771.0555.
May 13th, 2021
Lottery & Notification of Acceptance and Registration Packets available. Please review the website or call the school for confirmation of acceptance.
May 21st, 2021
Last day to complete full enrollment registration
Date to be determined: New student orientation and open house (required for newly enrolled students)
The lottery will be held on May 13th, 2021 via Zoom. The link will be provided on the morning of May 13, 2021 on this page.
If you do not meet deadlines, you risk losing your child’s space at our school. Please contact the school immediately to get guidance if you do miss a deadline.
If you were not able to attend the Zoom lottery, you can contact the school the morning of May 14th and thereafter to inquire if your child was selected to enroll at SABE. You will also be notified via the email(s) on your enrollment forms.
If your child is on the waiting list, if any other student notifies the school that they will not be attending and they are on the lottery list, they will be removed and you will be notified if your child entrance to our program and can register, in the order of the waiting list.
You will be notified of the online registration process and deadlines via email. It is important to complete these next steps to keep your child’s space in our SABE program. If you do not meet the complete registration deadlines, you risk losing your child’s space to those on the waiting list.