The Sunshine Portal is the official transparency and accountability portal for the New Mexico state government. This is your window into government spending, budgets, revenues, employees, contracts and more.
What is the Governing Board?
As per Section 22-5-4, NMSA 1978, governance council members are responsible for:
- Developing educational policies
- Employing a local superintendent
- Reviewing and approving the school budget
- Acquiring, leasing and disposing of property
- Contract for the expenditure of money according to the Provisions of the NM Procurement Code
- and more…
View more information regarding governance board candidacy, including rights, powers, and responsibilities
Prospective members should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com