NOTICE: Due to 2021-2022 school year budget planning timeline and due date, we will be holding our April Governing Council meeting on Monday, April 26th rather than originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 21st.
Please see details on how to join our meeting via Zoom and if you would like to speak during public comment, please email email@example.com and you will be added to the list.
Please join us for our April Governing Council Meeting
April 26, 2021 06:30PM MST
Meeting ID: 734 4360 5395
***** Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and NM state regulation on meeting sizes, we will be holding our meetings via Zoom. *****
What is the Governing Council?
As per Section 22-5-4, NMSA 1978, governance council members are responsible for:
- Developing educational policies
- Employing a local superintendent
- Reviewing and approving the school budget
- Acquiring, leasing and disposing of property
- Contract for the expenditure of money according to the Provisions of the NM Procurement Code
- and more…
View more information regarding governance council candidacy, including rights, powers, and responsibilities
Prospective members should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org